Monday, August 17, 2009

My Favorite Free Quests

After beating all the quests Andrew Gower and his staffers at Cambridge made I feel that it is time I tell you all what I thought of them all.

At first I thought, "Hey I should make a video, in which I discuss this" but you know what... That ended up being like 20 minutes long.

So here I am in written text to inform you about my views, Since it's not fair to compare Member Quests with Free ones I'm splitting the posts-up.

Free Quests; Listed least liked to most liked:

1. Imp Catcher:
It's not a quest... I swear * buys 4 beads* at least you get a "discontinued" item for its completion.

2. Doric's Quest:
You know a quest is bad when it has "quest" in its title. The reward is access to an Anvil above Falador, which is useless compared to the one in Varrock. *which is quest free*

3. Sheep Shearer:
Hmm Balls of wool anyone?

4. Goblin Diplomacy: I like preventing inner conflict as much as the next guy, but come on now... fighting over colors!!! Love the "inner" comedy if you wish to call it that, that in order to beat this quest you have to kill quite a few Goblins for their armour.

5. Cook's Assistant:
This is the quest that most players beat first when they arrived in Runescape. It might be just a gathering quest but it helped young adventures explore the limited area of Lumbridge.

6. Shield of Arrav: I do detest quests in-which two players have to work together towards a common goal. This quest being to the extreme of my hatred to how low players would go to "scam" those who were also doing the quest. HECK I had to buy my half from another player the first time I completed the quest... The only reason this quest is "ranked" better then the other quests is because its heart was in the right place, to get players to work together! It just turns out human nature of kids rarly lets the forumla of helping others pan-out correctly.

7. Witch's Potion: Help the local witch with her potion and get some free magic levels, Sign me UP! *Oh and free "discontinued" item - Rat's tail*

8. The Restless Ghost:
A good-ish plot with "Life Giving" prayer xp as a reward and the quest helps to promote some early exploration of neighboring Draynor Village.

9. Romeo and Juliet: A classic tale told in the Guise of a quest. What could be better then helping out your main man Romeo and hooking him up with Juliet's sister =0.

10. Pirates Treasure: You get to kill a farmer, need I say more?

11. Demon Slayer: One of the first quests that had soo much dialogue it could make a book sick =p. It's still classified as a "fetch-quest" but it dragged you to many locations in Runescape and the destination is never as important as the Journey.

12. The Knight's Sword: Helping a fool replace a long held family sword... I"m up to this task!!! Shame that this quest requires someone elses help half-way through. At least it gives you very decent smithing xp.

13. Prince Ali Rescue: Saving a Prince from a crazy lady, never heard that one before... At least you use your 1337 plastic surgery skills and let him escape.

14. Black Knights Fortress: Time to go undercover and stop some nogooders. Remember Cabbages solve all known problems of man.

15. Ernest the Chicken: One of the "hardest" puzzle quests ever... haha. This quest had many of my friends STUMPED for weeks.... ME likes puzzles =p.

16. Vampire Slayer: Hey I like to kill Vampires, get off my case as to why this is high on the list.

17. Dragon Slayer: I get to kill a dragon =0 and earn the rights to wear Runite Pl8 body and I get to buy a boat OMG.

1 comments:

Aximili E I August 17, 2009 at 7:36 AM  

I hated Ernest the Chicken so it would be closer to the bottom for me I can't make a list yet as I got 7 f2p quests left to go...

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template PingooIgloo by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP